It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas... Break!

It's finally here, the first day of Christmas break! Woohoo! I think I might be more excited than the kids! We did school all week, but only got the basics done. I told the kids sometime over break we might try to fit in that history and science, but only if we feel like it.

Today, our first day of Christmas break was celebrated by doing close to nothing. :) We NEEDED a break. Tonight, my awesome hubby and I are having a date night, compliments of our 25 day countdown to Christmas for my spouse, we are going fishing. Not a typical date night. ;)

I imagine E will spend most of her break like she did today: upside down!

Our plans for Christmas break? Tomorrow and Sunday we will have a marathon of all those Christmas bucket list activities we didn't get to! Then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family. After that? A lot of resting and playing, oh and cleaning! Time to take back my house! Homeschooling takes a toll on the cleanliness and organization of my home. I have a long To Do list, but who knows what all will get done...

Two weeks of break, however, I do try to get some "unschooling" activities in there: be sure they continue reading, and we break out the Right Start math games. The kids love them and they are great! Maybe catch up on some read alouds I planned but didn't get to. My kids are super crafty so I am extra stocked up on glue, tape, and random things for them to glue together.

I love Christmastime, and I love time to just "be" with my family. Very much looking forward to the next two weeks!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...