November Traditions




I love family traditions. Because my kids are still young and the first years of their lives were spent with me in a a whirlwind of emotions, hormones, babies, and moves, we are still establishing many of our traditions.


I love the holidays. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and all of the wonderful family traditions they bring with them.

November brings a month of thankfulness which we celebrate with a Thanksgiving Tree.





Every November we work on memorizing (or reviewing depending on which child you are!) Psalm 100. Yes, complete with motions and a song.

Another favorite November tradition is the shoebox packing party for Operation Christmas Child at our church.

We also love the shopping and packing of our own boxes for OCC, and participating in our church school's Shoebox Chapel.







Time with family,  turkey celebrations, Thanksgiving treats like turkey Oreo lollipops, and turkey cupcakes, a time of giving, and a time to focus on how very blessed we are and how we can serve God and others. And I think we even got into the 70's this week! I love November!

And of course, November means December traditions are just around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...